- For Chandler and Monica's adopted daughter, see Erica Bing.
There was initially some confusion during the adoption process - Erica had confused Chandler and Monica's file with a couple who were a doctor and a reverend. However, Chandler eventually convinced Monica to admit the truth, subsequently winning Erica over despite the lie by convincing her that they had only lied because Monica so desperately wanted a child.
During a later visit to New York, Erica admitted that she was uncertain whether the father of her baby was her high school boyfriend -- a football champion -- or a guy who was in prison for killing his father with a shovel. However, Monica confirmed that it was the football player because what Erica did with the shovel-killer doesn't lead to pregnancy. Precisely what this was is unknown, but allegedly Chandler and Monica never do it themselves, prompting Chandler to be somewhat impressed with "Shovelly Joe".
In "The Last One" Erica gives birth, revealing that she was actually pregnant with twins -- something that ran in her family -- but she had misinterpreted the reference to two heartbeats as referring to her heart and the baby's. Chandler and Monica subsequently name the boy Jack (after Monica's father) and the girl Erica (after her birth mother).
- Erica was the last recurring character to appear.
- She was the second to give birth to more than 1 child, the first being Phoebe.
- Chandler and Monica's daughter, was named after her.
- "The One With The Late Thanksgiving" (First Mentioned)
- "The One With The Birth Mother" (First Appearance)
- "The One Where Chandler Gets Caught" (Mentioned Only)
- "The One Where Joey Speaks French"
- "The One Where Estelle Dies" (Mentioned Only)
- The One With Rachel's Going Away Party
- The Last One, Part 1 (Final Appearance)