After erroneously getting out at his Dallas lay-over from New York, Joey Tribbiani (whose friends stay in the Big Apple) arrives in L.A., where his sassy sister, Gina has found him an ideal apartment.
Joey soon meets his attractive neighbor, corporate lawyer Alex Garrett. He gets a warm welcome too from his charming, but nerdy nephew Michael, an actual rocket scientist, who is desperate at age 20 to move out from his mother's and in with cool uncle Joe. Joey is reluctant, partially because of fear of Gina's reaction, however a demonstration of Michael's cooking makes it worth braving a dragon-mother for Joey's eyes and watering mouth.
At the same time, Joey tragically believes that a new TV show "Nurses" isn't worth accepting a part in, but it becomes a hit, while the show he chose over it is canceled. He desperately turns to his new agent Bobby Morganstern, who can only get him an audition for TV news show presenter, which he fails, proving unable to face the red light-indicated cameras at the right time.
Cast and Crew
Wayne Wilderson - Director #2
Jason Huber - Taxi Driver
Matthew Mullany - The Director
Lawrence Mandley - The Slate Guy
Nancy O'Dell - Herself
Ethan Erickson - Sam
Tommy Perna - Criminal
Wyatt Smith - Boy in Airplane Terminal
Kevin S. Bright
- This is the second spin off that Matt LeBlanc has starred in. The first spin-off he starred in was one of Fox's popular show "Married With Children".
- This episode was nominated for an Excellence in Production Design Award for Television - Multi-Camera Television Series.
- Joey lives in "Monroe Manor".
- Joey implies that Ross and Rachel got married after Friends and Phoebe and Mike had at least one child.
- However, if Mike and Phoebe had at least one child, that would mean that Phoebe was pregnant in the finale due to this episode being set in September.
Gina: This is the best part. Sit here and lean back.
Joey: Is that the middle of the HOLLYWOOD sign?
Gina: That's the OLLYWOO sign.
Joey: I can see the OLLYWOO sign! And into that woman's bathroom. And now she sees me. Hi, neighbor!
Michael: [just discovered Gina was 16 when she had him] How did I not figure THAT out! I took calculus when I was eight!
Joey: Gina, I know he's your baby, but it's time to move on. Change can be good!
Gina: Oh, it's easy for you to say.
Joey: No it's not! No! Look... Nobody understands wantin' things to stay the same like I do. I was HAPPY in New York! Okay, and I tried really hard to keep things from changing. But everyone else got married, and had kids, and moved on. They all changed! So I'm givin' change a shot. And it has been *hard*. But... just hoping things stay the same... it doesn't work.
| Preceded by|
|Joey Series One Episodes|| Followed by |
"Joey and the Student"
- ↑ In the first episode of Joey, Joey says "I was HAPPY in New York! Okay, and I tried really hard to keep things from changing. But everyone else got married, and had kids, and moved on." to his sister. As he says "everyone else", this includes Phoebe and Mike and implies they had a child between the two series and also includes Ross and Rachel and implies they re-married. This does not include Chandler or Monica, as they were already married and had adopted children by the end of Friends.