Wiki Targeted (Entertainment)
Do you like this video?
The first season of Joey aired from September 9, 2004 to May 12, 2005.
- Matt LeBlanc as Joey Tribbiani, who moves to Los Angeles from New York, to proceed with his acting career. He is constantly talking about food or eating sandwiches.
- Paulo Costanzo as Joey's nephew Michael Tribbiani who idolizes his Uncle Joey's ability to date many women, and who himself is sheltered and nervous around girls. He is self-conscious that he has been so sheltered and that his mother Gina breast fed him until he was seven. He is a huge Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Wars fan. He is extremely intelligent, an aerospace engineer, attends Caltech and specializes in applied thermodynamics, works with his rival Seth frequently on engineering projects, and is an obvious direct opposite from his more street-wise mother and uncle.
- Drea de Matteo as Joey's attractive older sister Gina Tribbiani, who is temperamental and promiscuous. Not particularly bright but very street-wise, Gina is a caring but over-protective and domineering mother. For years she convinced her genius son Michael that he was born when she was 22, instead of 15 and always says he is the one thing she has done really well. She and Joey are friends in addition to being siblings, both having the gift of being extremely appealing to the opposite sex, with numerous lovers.
- Andrea Anders as Alexis "Alex" Garrett, the next door neighbour, landlord and friend. She is an educated, but slightly ditsy blonde lawyer who graduated from Pepperdine University. Initially intimidated, but also intrigued by Joey's tough street-wise older sister Gina, the two women eventually become friends, and she becomes more bold in the way she dresses and acts, thanks to Gina's influence. She is puzzled but impressed by Joey's gift at being able to know when she is wearing thong panties, and spends most of her time hanging out at Joey and Michael's apartment. She and Joey bond and become close friends, and she confides in him her problems with her marriage. Her husband is a professional orchestra musician and is away from home most of the time.
- Jennifer Coolidge as Joey's oversexed agent Roberta "Bobbie" Morganstern, and reportedly the 12th most powerful woman in Hollywood. She has an enormous crush on Joey's nephew Michael. She often entertains herself by making her office assistant do funny tricks, or shocking herself with a stun-gun. She is brash, forward, aggressive, highly entertaining and slightly ditsy, laughing at everything and at anyone's expense, including her client Joey's. She was once sued by Phil Collins.
|1||1||"Pilot"||Shana Goldberg-Meehan & Scott Silveri||Kevin S. Bright||September 8, 2004|
|When Joey's new TV show is cancelled and the show he turned down is a big hit, it leaves Joey kicking himself and in search of work. Joey's nephew wants to leave his mother's house and live with his cool uncle but is afraid to tell her.|
|2||2||"Joey and the Student"||Shana Goldberg-Meehan & Scott Silveri||Kevin S. Bright||September 16, 2004|
|When Joey plans to teach Michael how to pick up women, Gina invites herself along, even though the guys don't want her to come. Joey finds out that Alex is the one who has been placing complaint notes about everything he does and that everyone hates her because of this.|
|3||3||"Joey and the Party"||Robert Carlock||Gail Mancuso||September 23, 2004|
|Joey and Michael plan a party, with the hopes that Joey makes a new friend. Michael's college rival announces he'll be showing up with his girlfriend, Michael tries to compete by enlisting the help of Alex to play his fake girlfriend. Guest Star: Jayma Mays As Molly|
|4||4||"Joey and the Book Club"||John Quaintance||Andrew D. Weyman||September 30, 2004|
|To woo a girl in his book club, Michael assigns a romantic novel to the group. However, when he tries to make his move, he finds out that she is already in love with Joey. Gina makes a deal with Alex in order to get more work.|
|5||5||"Joey and the Perfect Storm"||Vanessa McCarthy||David Schwimmer||October 7, 2004|
|When Joey gets the job of understudying in three different plays, it leaves him in a tight spot when all three main actors call in sick. Meanwhile, there is a vacant apartment in the complex, and Joey, Michael, and Alex try to hide it from Gina.|
|6||6||"Joey and the Nemesis"||Sherry Bilsing-Graham & Ellen Plummer||Kevin S. Bright||October 14, 2004|
|An actor named Brian Michael David Scott repeatedly tricks Joey into missing auditions. When Michael gets sick, Gina moves into Joey's place to take care of him, and Joey moves to Gina's place to get away from them. However, when staying at Gina's, her secret boyfriend mistakes Joey for her, and snuggles up to him.|
|7||7||"Joey and the Husband"||Brian Kelley||Gail Mancuso||October 21, 2004|
|Joey finally meets Alex's husband, Eric, and is stunned when Eric is not threatened by him. Joey decides to donate his savings to Gina so she can open up her own salon, but she has second thoughts.|
|8||8||"Joey and the Dream Girl, Part 1"||Brian Buckner||Gary Halvorson||November 4, 2004|
|Gina's high school friend Donna, who Joey used to have a huge crush on, visits. Joey promises Gina he won't do anything with Donna but cannot resist. Michael learns he used to be a great baseball player when he was younger.|
|9||9||"Joey and the Dream Girl, Part 2"||Robert Carlock||Gary Halvorson||November 11, 2004|
|Joey tries to plan the perfect week for Donna, so she chooses him over her husband, who is attempting to reconcile with her. Alex discovers that she can get free stuff because she is a "hot girl".|
|10||10||"Joey and the Big Audition"||John Quaintance||Sheldon Epps||November 18, 2004|
|At Alex's Northwestern alumni party, Joey is mistaken for a fellow alumnus by a movie producer. This helps him get an audition for a new show called Deep Powder, described as "Baywatch on skis". However, Joey soon finds out that the audition is not for the lead character, but for the lead's father.|
|11||11||"Joey and the Road Trip"||Vanessa McCarthy||Kevin S. Bright||December 2, 2004|
|Joey gets a job as a celebrity judge for the Miss Southwestern U.S.A. pageant in Las Vegas. There, Joey sleeps with a woman, not realizing she is a contestant, while Alex goes to a Celine Dion concert and Michael teaches Gina how to count cards. Guest stars Steven Schirripa as the Pit Boss and Bob Saget as himself.|
|12||12||"Joey and the Plot Twist"||Story by John Pollack, Teleplay by Craig DeGregorio||Kevin S. Bright||December 9, 2004|
|At a press conference for Deep Powder, Joey accidentally reveals a plot twist leading him to believe his character will get killed off in the first episode. Meanwhile, when the California heat makes it hard for Joey to get in the holiday spirit, Gina, Michael, and Alex decorate Joey's apartment for Christmas.|
|13||13||"Joey and the Taste Test"||Shana Goldberg-Meehan & Scott Silveri||David Schwimmer||January 6, 2005|
|After Gina teaches Alex how to make lasagna, Joey and Michael are forced to partake in a taste test. Joey's relationship with his costar Katie gets him in trouble with the executive producer.|
|14||14||"Joey and the Premiere"||Matt Hubbard||Kevin S. Bright||January 13, 2005|
|oey brings Gina, Michael, and Alex to the premiere of Deep Powder. Gina's date is Lauren's ex-boyfriend and Alex's is a lesbian. Michael must decide between a girl and Star Trek actor (Guest star Brent Spiner as himself), and Joey kisses Lauren.|
|15||15||"Joey and the Assistant"||John Quintance & Brian Kelley||Andrew D. Weyman||January 20, 2005|
|Joey hires an assistant named Glenn (Richard Ruccolo), who turns out to be perfect. However, after he starts dating Gina, things start to go downhill. Meanwhile, Alex holds a mediation between Michael and his friend Seth (Simon Helberg) over a patent dispute.|
|16||16||"Joey and the Tonight Show"||Doty Abrams||Andrew D. Weyman||February 3, 2005|
|Joey is supposed to appear on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno but gets stuck in heavy traffic. In traffic, Michael ends up stuck next to a guy he gave the finger to, and Gina meets two guys.|
|17||17||"Joey and the Valentine's Date"||Story by Brian Kelley, Teleplay by Robert Carlock||Andrew D. Weyman||February 10, 2005|
|Joey unintentionally makes a date with a People magazine reporter on Valentine's Day, which causes her to believe Joey is looking for a serious relationship. A drunken Alex reveals sexual secrets to Gina, and Michael becomes 'one of the girls' after an attempt to hit on a group of girls.|
|18||18||"Joey and the Wrong Name"||Story by Sherry Bilsing-Graham & Ellen Plummer, Teleplay by Matt Hubbard||Kevin S. Bright||February 17, 2005|
|Joey is nominated for a Daytime Soap Award, and he is also presenting an award but ends up announcing the wrong name. He brings Gina, who is uncomfortable because she is forced by Joey to dressed unlike herself.|
|19||19||"Joey and the Fancy Sister"||Robert Carlock & Brian Buckner||Gary Halvorson||February 24, 2005|
|Joey's sister Mary Theresa (Christina Ricci) comes to visit, who Gina dislikes. When Mary Theresa discovers her engagement ring is fake, she decides to call off her wedding and stay in LA, causing Joey and Gina to try to find a way to get her to move back to New York. Meanwhile, Michael is oblivious that a girl likes him.|
|20||20||"Joey and the Neighbor"||Story by Nicholas Darrow, Teleplay by Vanessa McCarthy||Gary Halvorson||March 24, 2005|
|Joey starts to date his new, hot next-door neighbor Sara (Mädchen Amick), but Joey forgets to cancel his backup date on the same day. Eric is back for the first time in two months but Alex and he have problems after being apart for so long.|
|21||21||"Joey and the Spying"||Story by Tracy Reilly, Teleplay by Brian Buckner||Kevin S. Bright||April 21, 2005|
|Even though Joey and Sara agreed to see other people, Joey realizes he cares too much about her. Alex and Eric separate, leading Eric to move into the apartment next door. Alex sees Eric with another woman and spies on him. Gina wants to break up with Glenn and tells him the reason is because Michael doesn't like him, causing Glenn to try to become closer with him.|
|22||22||"Joey and the Temptation"||Story by Craig DeGregorio, Teleplay by Sherry Bilsing-Graham & Ellen Plummer||Sheldon Epps||May 5, 2005|
|Joey and Sara become exclusive, but Joey has a love scene with Carmen Electra for Deep Powder. Joey brings Michael along to help him resist her. Alex finds out Eric kissed another woman.|
|23||23||"Joey and the Breakup"||Story by John Quintance, Teleplay by Nicholas Darrow||Andrew D. Weyman||May 12, 2005|
|Joey helps Sara get an interview with Newsweek, but she gets offered a job in Washington, D.C. Gina meets Michael's new girlfriend, who turns out to be a much older woman. Meanwhile, Alex struggles with her divorce, and Gina tries to cheer her up.|
|24||24||"Joey and the Moving In"||Shana Goldberg-Meehan & Scott Silveri||Kevin S. Bright||May 12, 2005|
|Joey freaks out after asking Sara to move in with him. Alex doesn't know how to act on her first date after her divorce. Bobbie gives Michael tickets to a Star Wars preview but shows up as well, which leads Gina to confront Bobbie about her behavior around Michael.|