Married to Ross
Is it actually confirmed by any of the writers that Rachel and Ross did get married after the show finished. If there isn't any confirmation, then I don't think it should say they're married.
- Apparently this was confirmed in the "Joey" spin off series. --5ko (talk) 08:41, September 5, 2018 (UTC)
- The only thing the Joey spinoff says about it is one line in which the eponymous Joey says all his friends have gotten married and he feels left out. This statement is generalization at best. And I am sure Mr. Spock, who cherishes technicality, would gladly tell you that the statement holds true even if the two didn't remarry after the show ended, because technically they had experienced getting married before. Fleet Command (talk) 09:19, September 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Indeed. Also, Ross and Rachel may have married but not to each other. --5ko (talk) 09:24, September 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Whether they married a second time isn't even important. Reconciliation was important. They already married once on screen, and did everything else that only married couples do. We all saw what happened afterwards. Without reconciliation, a second is only repetition. Fleet Command (talk) 10:19, September 5, 2018 (UTC)
- Today I recovered this page hidden inside a triple redirect and I was replying to the question at the top. I agree with you on all points as we're discussing today (2018). I am old enough to remember that in the 90s-2000s for some people in their 20s-30s and especially for the generation of their parents (and that of the creators of the show) marriage was indeed very important at the time, and divorce or children born outside of wedlock were not accepted -- remember Ross saying "I have to make this marriage work [with Emily], I cannot be divorced twice before I'm thirty" and later telling Rachel he took care of their divorce but he didn't. That was an epoch of the history of the Western civilization. But I absolutely agree with you, for me reconciliation is most important for the Ross-Rachel couple. Again, I was replying to "did R&R get married after the show finished" not whether this was important at the time or is it now. :-) --5ko (talk) 13:34, September 5, 2018 (UTC)