|The One Where Phoebe Runs|
|Season 6, episode 7|
|128th overall episode of Friends|
|Rachel telling Phoebe that she runs weird.|
November 11, 1999
"The One Where Phoebe Runs" is the seventh episode of the sixth season of Friends, which aired on November 11, 1999.
Joey finds sexy Janine, a dancer from Australia, as a roommate. Rachel and Phoebe go jogging together to bond. Phoebe runs like an elephant because it makes running a lot more fun but Rachel doesn't want to go jogging with her anymore because she is embarrassing. Joey can't flirt with Janine because they live together and it would be too complicated.
Chandler decides to clean the apartment as a kind gesture to Monica, only for Ross to point out afterwards that he would need to put everything back exactly how Monica had it or risk incurring her wrath. Joey is drawn to Janine and has to find a way to repel her. But Janine tells him she doesn't feel attracted to him anyway. Rachel tries Phoebe's way of running and feels so free and great doing it that she doesn't care about people staring.
Cast and Crew
Shannon Brown - Bike messenger
- Janine is the second person outside the six friends to live in Chandler and Joey's apartment; the first was Eddie, who lived there from "The One Where Eddie Moves In" (S2E17) to "The One Where Eddie Won't Go" (S2E19).
- This is one of the few episodes to have scenes filmed on-location.
- Rachel is embarrassed for Phoebe's running style. However, in "The One In Vegas, Part 1" (S5E23) she states that she's not easily embarrassed (although Ross disproves her quite easily). However in this episode some circumstances change; such as having the possibility of meeting men while out on her run so then she would effectively embarrassed. However since she never said she never gets embarrassed, it can be assumed that some things do in fact embarrass her.
- When Chandler hangs up the phone Ross says that the phone was facing other way, when actually it was not.
- When Phoebe is going to jump in front of Rachel, a man is seen running, but in the next shot the man is gone. After Phoebe says "It's me." the man is seen again.
- When mocking Ross about putting back the things in the apartment exactly where he found it, Matthew Perry can be seen glancing offstage, possibly in response to the audience laughter.
- When Phoebe jumps from behind the tree to stop Rachel, you can clearly make out the wireless microphones on their backs under the clothing.
- In the scene where Chandler and Ross are trying to move things back in the right place, you can see a camera. It's in the right corner for only a few seconds. Chandler suggests to move the couch, but Ross tells him not to and then Chandler runs to the coffee table to move it. That's when it appears.
- In the scene where Phoebe and Rachel are recording a message on their phone and decide to go for a run when Phoebe "takes all the words" and records the whole message, she is not actually speaking but only mouthing to a pre-recorded audio. We can see this as she does not mouth "thanks" at the end of message.
| Preceded by|
"The One On The Last Night"
|Series Six Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Ross's Teeth"