|The One Where Rachel's Sister Baby-Sits|
|Season 10, episode 5|
|223rd overall episode of Friends|
|Ross realises that Amy pierced Emma's ears.|
October 30, 2003
Monica and Chandler let Joey write a letter of recommendation for adoption, but they find out that he sent the letter in hand-written, luckily the adoption agency likes it due to the fact they believe a child wrote it.
Rachel's sister, Amy, visits again, and decides to stay with Joey and Rachel which proves to be a quite a pain. While babysitting Emma, Amy gets her ears pierced much to the anger of Ross and Rachel, however the two sisters make up.
Mike takes Phoebe to a Knicks game on their anniversary planning to propose, unfortunately she says how tacky proposing at a game really is ruining Mike's proposal. After realizing this she talks to her friends and decides she should propose to him in case he never does again, the couple go to another game and Phoebe proposes. However she embarrasses Mike when people boo and insult him. They go to a restaurant afterward, where Phoebe says that she doesn't mind how he does it, and states how cheesy it would be to hide the ring in a cake. Which Mike has done, he then gives up and proposes right there and Phoebe happily accepts.
Cast and Crew
Dana Klein Borkow
- This is the final appearance of Christina Applegate as Amy Green.
- Amy tells Rachel that Jill gained about fifteen pounds, a reference to Reese Witherspoon being pregnant at the time this episode aired.
- In the uncut DVD version of the episode, Amy suggests bringing pasta to Jill, however Rachel says that "garlic bread is her weakness".
- Despite Ross and Rachel's anger at Amy getting Emma's ears pierced, in future episodes Emma's ears are still pierced. Although, this is most likely because babies have to wear the same earrings for 6 months before they can take the earrings out. Ross gets his ear pierced whilst dating Emily in season 4 whilst Rachel's ears were already pierced in The Pilot.
- Amy reveals that she was having an affair with Barry, Rachel's fiancee who she left at the alter in The Pilot (S1E1), whilst Barry and Rachel were together.
- Jill is revealed to now be fat. She is fat with having gained 15 pounds with her ass and face.
- Ross hints to wanting another child with Rachel ("We'll call the next one Ella"), which foreshadows the chance that they could have another child in the future, especially since Ross and Rachel do end up together and get married.
- Phoebe prays to Thor.
- In the movie Erin Brockovich (Amy and Rachel reference the titular character), the titular character is played by Julia Roberts, who played Chandler's brief love interest in The One After The Superbowl Part Two.
- In this episode, Phoebe states that it's her and Mike's one year anniversary. Rachel then asks what the anniversary was of; ('First date? First kiss? First time you had sex?) and Phoebe says 'yeah!' implying that all those things happened on the first date. However, Phoebe and Mike's first official date was when Joey set them up in The One With The Pediatrician where the date ended badly and Phoebe stormed off, not to see Mike until the following day at the coffee house. However, she might feel that the blind date set up by Joey didn't count as their first date, and referring to their first "real" date.
- Also, it can't be Mike and Phoebe's first anniversary since they broke up in The One With The Boob Job (S9E16) and got back together in The One In Barbados, Part 1 (S9E23), about 6/7 episodes ago from this one, and this is episode 5 of the tenth season. However, it is possible that the time line is very different in the show, therefore, it could be a year since they got back together, but this is unlikely.
- Monica states she proposed to Chandler, (The One With The Proposal, Part 2, S6E25) but he finished it for her because she started to cry, so technically Chandler proposed to Monica and not the other way around. Plus Chandler said he proposed to Monica when they were discussing what to do with their money for the wedding, in The One With Rachel's Book (S7E2).
| Preceded by|
"The One With The Cake"
|Series Ten Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With Ross' Grant"