|The One With The Invitation|
|Season 4, episode 21|
|94th overall episode of Friends|
|Rachel decides not to go to Ross' wedding.|
April 23, 1998
Ross and Emily are mailing out wedding invitations. Emily is surprised that Ross is planning to invite Rachel given their past relationship. This causes him to reminisce about their relationship and break-up, and still chooses to invite her despite their history. Everybody gets an invitation, but Phoebe can not travel to London due to her pregnancy. After Rachel reminisces about her past relationship with Ross, she decides to not go to the wedding. Although she claims she's staying to look after Phoebe, in reality she can't watch Ross get married to another woman.
- The Pilot
- The One With The Blackout
- The One With The East German Laundry Detergent
- The One Where Ross Finds Out
- The One Where Ross And Rachel Take A Break
- The One With The Morning After
- The One With The Jellyfish
- The One With The Fake Party
- The One Where Rachel Finds Out
- The One With Ross's New Girlfriend
- The One With The List
- The One Where Ross and Rachel...You Know
- The One At The Beach
- The One With The Prom Video
Cast and Crew
- This is the first clip show on Friends.
- During a flashback when Ross and Rachel are in bed and they had gotten back together after their break, Ross screams out "We were on a break!" and we see him screaming this in the bedroom. In the actual episode, we only hear his voice screaming the words, while the audience sees the main room of Monica's apartment. Presumably a different cut was used.
- Ross' memories about Rachel happen out of order. The incident with Paolo's cat happened after the night Ross and Rachel did laundry together, but is shown beforehand in the sequence. Rachel's memories also are out of order as the scene in the planetarium is shown before the prom video.
- In the uncut DVD version, there's an extra scene after the intro where Emily is able to put Ben down for a nap, whereas it usually takes Ross 2 hours to put Ben down.
- The address on Rachel's invitation reveals the address of the apartment building to be 495 Grove Street although all external shots are of 90 Bedford Street.
- When Phoebe says that Ben addressed her invitation, her envelope has several lines of writing on it. However in a later shot it only has one line of writing on it.
- In the clip from The One Where Ross Finds Out, Rachel opens the doors straight away after opening the top bolts but in the actual episode the bottom bolt remains in place when she tries to open the doors for the first time.
- Close-ups of both Rachel's invitation and the envelope show that Ross made it out to "Rachel Greene". Ross should have known that her last name doesn't have the final "e" and is spelled "Green". Apparently her surname can be spelled either way as this is not the last time an "e" is added.
- The handwriting on the envelope is completely different from the one on the invitation to Rachel, yet from the dialogue it is clear that Ross wrote both.
- In the scene with Emily and Ross in his apartment, there appears to be the beginning of a baby bump on Helen Baxendale.
- The address on Rachel's wedding invitation is actually in Brooklyn rather than Greenwich Village where the apartments are supposed to be.
- All of the gang except Phoebe and Ross live above the coffeehouse so it makes no sense why he would post them, especially as a later episode shows Rachel collecting her mail from a pigeon hole in the apartment block.
- The One with the Invitation at the Internet Movie Database
| Preceded by|
"The One With All The Wedding Dresses"
|Series Four Episodes|| Followed by |
"The One With The Worst Best Man Ever"