Hi, I am a veteran editor of Wikipedia and fan of the Friends series. I know the wiki software very well, especially templating, automation and calculation stuff: if you feel something can be improved in such a direction, talk to me.
I'm not a native English speaker, so if you can correct something I wrote please do.
My favorite episodes
My favorite episodes are funny or sweet. By season:
- Laundry, Boobies, Poker, M gets away, R finds out
- R finds out, List, Prom video, RR you know, 2 parties, BM's wedding
- Leia, Ready, Racecar, Football, Which sister, Morning after, Hypnosis, T-shirt
- C in a box, Fake party, Embryos, Free porn, Haste, Invitation, R' wedding
- R says R, Kissing, Kips, Resolutions, Everybody finds out,
- After Vegas, P runs, C can't cry, Unagi
- R's book, P's cookies, Rosita, C's dad, MC's wedding
- all episodes I just l.o.v.e. this season. Especially J dates R and J tells R.
- No one proposes, R's song, Lottery, R's dream, Party, Barbados 1 and mostly 2.
- JR kiss, R is fine, R' tan (for the J+R scenes), Cake, R' party, The Last One.
I have not seen any episode from Joey.
- Favorite season: Season 8.
- Favorite characters: Joey (also funniest), Rachel (also most believable).
- Favorite couple: Joey and Rachel, for the fun, honesty, tenderness and love. Also favorite on-screen chemistry before their relationship.
- The Ross and Rachel relationship, with all their history, revenge/rebound/competition, dishonesty and resentment, Ross' indecisiveness/fear, and later jealousy, whining, betrayal and double standards to Rachel and his other friends, from the first up to the very last episode, seriously shakes my suspension of disbelief. Rachel should be with someone better than Ross -- most women should. The only reason the show ended this way is because the most vocal people from the audience, without admitting it or even realizing it, are emotionally like Ross and the creators and actors didn't want to upset them.
- Favorite supporting characters or 1-time-appearances: Jasmine, Mr. Heckles, Mr. Treeger, Susan Bunch, Estelle Leonard, Frank Buffay Jr., Parker, Brenda, Gavin Mitchell and more.
My Wiki philosophy
Welcome new users! In order for the wiki to continue its development, it should be welcoming for new users. The Wiki source markup is complex enough for newcomers and I strongly believe we should keep it as simple as practical to not discourage new contributors. We should avoid raw HTML at all costs and clean it up where found.
Here are some examples:
- use bulleted lists instead of raw HTML line breaks
- not use raw html
<small>(...)</small>, either place the small text in parentheses or in a
<ref>(...)</ref>reference notes (similar function/meaning, easier to read and use in the source)
- liberally use single-level redirections in order to simplify the source code:
[[Monica Geller-Bing|Monica]], same function but the former is much shorted and easier to read and use in the source code of the page
- use more descriptive file names, e.g. "Phoebe and Jason.jpg" instead of "142px-Tumblr lifvkqVLcF1qgjvrso1 500.jpg"
- markup for page templates and embedded pictures should be separated from the other text with empty lines
Style. Articles look better and more professional when the short introduction line or paragraph is well formatted and descriptive. For example:
- An article should start with the subject of the article in bold, its function on the show and its relations:
- The One With Rachel's Crush is the thirteenth episode of the fourth season of Friends, which aired on January 29, 1998.
- Paxton Whitehead played Mr. Waltham, Rachel's boss in The One With Rachel's Crush. (Here the reader can immediately find out the relation of the actor to the Friends show. Subsequent paragraphs can develop more his/her biography and achievements)
- (Similarly) Mr. Waltham is Rachel's boss at Bloomingdale's, portrayed by Paxton Whitehead.
- The article should link to other pages of related topics and subjects; generally only the first occurrence of the topic should be linked, for example a character like Phoebe mentioned multiple times should be linked the first time (not a strict rule).
- The article may contain links to useful external resources about its topic/subject, notably Wikipedia, IMDB and Youtube.
- (more to come)
- ↑ Reference notes appear at the bottom of the page or section or in a tooltip popup box.
For easier access
To do / Sandbox
Rachel is 49-50 as of 2020.
Rachel: Moving a chair so I can have a place to sit?
Joey: No, no, Rosita does not move.
Rachel: As in... what?
Joey: As in... Rosita does not move!
Rachel: Why not?
Joey: 'Cause she is in the equal distance from the kitchen to the bathroom, and she is at the perfect angle so that no glare is coming off Stevie.
Rachel: Stevie, the TV?
Joey: Is there a problem?
Jack Geller: Well, I don't know what's in the boxes down here, but I do know there are six or seven Easy Bake Ovens in the attic.
Monica: I used to love to play restaurant.
Ross: Yeah, not as much as you used to love to play "un-cooked batter eater."
Monica: Hey, it is unreasonable to expect a child to wait for a light bulb to cook brownies!
Phoebe: I'm hearing what you're saying, but at our prices everyone needs toner.
Earl: Not me.
Phoebe: May I ask why?
Earl: You wanna know why. You wanna know why?
Phoebe: I surely do!
Earl: Okay, I don't need any toner because I'm going to kill myself.
Phoebe:(flips through the script the company gave her) Um... is... is that because you're out of toner?